Beiträge von Brandon Sullivan

I'll keep in touch, but right now it may be best to go slow because I am just recovering from a case of bronchitis I've had for about a month.

When I say Romantic, I mean using the Roman letters, I apologize, yes, there is a difference.

I'm not exactly sure what we could do because the language barrier has prevented solid alliances from forming in the past in this sort of exchange. What has the Turanien Republic done with its other relations? In the Anglophone sector, we usually have pathetic treaties that don't mean much and I'd like to do more than that.

That's good news. I wish I could help out and visit a bit but German is perhaps the hardest Romantic language for an English speaker to learn. We tend to joke about how impossible it sounds to understand. Not disrespectfully, of course, it just sounds difficult.

But, in any case, I no longer represent Natopia but I did re-found a micronation I started in 2002 that has been dormant for three years, Sullifree, and it has a beautiful forum at http://sullifree.cjb.net/ that I am really proud of, and I guess I can represent that nation. My relations with Natopia aren't great, it did kind of gain some popularity but it is still kind of dead, and part of my strategy in Sullifree is a single citizenship limit anyway so I have to focus on Sullifree.

A good bit of time later, I do want to inform you that Natopia barely exists, for a time did not exist, and I am not a part of it anymore---in fact I am not doing much with micronationalism as I enter my last year of public school (not sure if you would have understood that when I said 12th grade, so I just said it that way) and work on trying to get some businesses going and going to college.

Well, at the moment we have claims on both. They are alright at this point with eachother enough to allow that. However, they tend to be useless now. They kind of give us backing to create our regions. Lesser governments and divisions have always been a part of Natopia for better or for worse, however useless they have proven themselves. Now, though, they seem to be a bit more useful if they had been, if that means anything.

Actually, as a result of infighting, there are two. The Micronational Cartography Society and the GSO, I am not sure what that stands for. I can't link you off of my head because I have a time limit, but you can search. For GSO try Geographical Standards Organization.

Personally I hate the idea of a micronational cartographic society, but to each his own. I am going on vacation and will probably be back Monday.

Well you see, this all has to do with origin. When Nate first came up with Natopia, he didn't (as far as I can remember) even know about micronations. What seemed to have happened is that he decided to "start a country" and his school picked up on it. Every body and their mother then started their own or wanted something to do with Nate's, but only Natopia stuck. Eventually, the friends that were part of this and him 'claimed' their houses, but mainly as a joke. After a while, the obvious medium to use was the internet, and micronationalism was eventually discovered.

So don't take our old land claims seriously... they aren't even really around anymore in a way. Just like it's difficult for some in our sector of things to understand why people come up with fake histories for micronations. It's all about culture and circumstance. We very well may one day dump the idea of the house claims, because they were not meant to be taken seriously.

Our sector is kind of funny. 5 years ago, New country projects were more prevalent than they are now and they would have taken simulation-only micronations as a total joke. Now they all failed, and new country projects are the ones that are laughed at if they try to exist, due to the simple unfeasibility.

Err, well beyond light claims to the houses and general area of citizens homes, yes. Natopia is not a new country project... but is still less simulationist than you guys (though there is nothing wrong with that) because we only tend to count actual Natopian history as natopian history, as if what is there is there period. In other words, we have written no backstory. And it's interesting that you claim to have millions of citizens on the website, but we tend to use the actual active citizen count as our citizen count.

Don't take this offensively, this is just pointing out the beauty of the broad range of micronations there are.

At one time there were new country projects prevalent, besides a British comedic TV show though that's largely over, unfortunately. Or perhaps fortunately, whichever you prefer. Sealand is still unrecognized on that platform, Hutt River still unrecognized, both of them ignore other micronations (particularly Sealand, which at this point is all about the money) and they are both still ignored by the outside world. No more new country projects have surfaced in years, and most of the ones that did already exist have failed.

Natopia just moved to a new forum and we have a fairly new website and wiki. We are now the Supreme Sovereign Republic of Natopia, which I believe was our name when we contacted you, but since then we have had 7 total constitutions and several new forms of government.

Tasneem recently had to leave due to bad circumstances. The only one still left from our first contact is Nathan. I have been there the second longest, but still I wasn't there at that point.

http://natopia.uni.cc/

This is what we had, and I have been advised this treaty is still in effect.

Right now, I am just acting because it is my job to transfer posts from our old forum to our new one. We registered a treaty under a list in a thread on the old one, but your nation was not linked as a diplomatic contact on our list so there was some question. Either we can mutually annull the previous one and start from scratch, or I can try to reposess the old one to show you guys again.

I am not the Minister of Foreign Affairs, but the two sided coin is, for the moment we don't technically have one and I guess since I have a good deal of interest in FTR, I will be the contact.

For what it is worth, how prevalent is German micronationalism? Is it about as large as English micronationalism? The english sector is having the issue of everyone wanting to be a King so only a few nations end up accomplishing much, although there is still a good bit of accomplishment.

Hallo! Mein Name ist Brian Capelle. Ich bin von Natopia. Es scheint, wie wir einmal einen Vertrag mit Ihnen hatten, aber ich bin nicht sicher, was geschah mit ihm... Ich wollte herausfinden, was los war, weil es wie wir erkennt es nicht irgendwie mehr aus irgendeinem Grund scheint, also ich nicht sicher bin, wenn wir zurücktraten, oder wenn Sie taten, oder wenn die Sprachbarriere ein Problem war. Wenn irgendwelche von Ihnen englisch sprechen, würde es bequem sein, wenn wir diese Sprache sprechen könnten. Sie können mit mir an grand {DoT} prince {aT} gmail {DoT} com in Verbindung treten.

Brian Capelle